Passion, Quality & Efficiency
"KNP Labs" (coming from Code 'N' Play and canapé) is about building something different.
KNP Labs is centered around 3 values:
- Everything is going smoother when you work with passionate people who cares about what they're doing
- We love quality. Testing, best practices, methodologies… these big little things will do the difference when you want to release a website in 1 month − I mean, *really* release the website in 1 month.
- We work with the best. It's a bit elitist, but that's also why they work at KNP Labs
Our international team for international projects
Our clients are startup companies from New-York City, San Francisco, Paris, Tel Aviv, London, Vienna or Zurich.
KNP Labs only works with the best developers - whatever their country or language.
That's why we favor creating several teams, small and quick to react:
- in Nantes (France)
- in Nashville (USA)
- in Kiev, Kharkov (Ukraine)
- in Gdańsk, Łódź, Warsaw (Poland)
The KNP Labs story
These days, most agencies hire anybody. They make them work a lot, kill innovation, don't really care about your project and probably have hidden a picture of IE6 in their wallet.
We've always thought that there is another way to build a company: caring about people and projects.
That's why we decided to quit our jobs back in 2009 and create KNP Labs: to dig out the best developers, bring them together, introduce a great quality of life at work and find the most interesting projects to feed them. And it did work!
- April 2009
- Paris, France. Matthieu and Laetitia create KNP Labs
- March 2010
- KNP Labs opens an office in Nantes, France − why? Because there's a great quality of life there. And we love that.
- April 2011
- KNP Labs opens an office in Nashville, Tennessee. Because Nashville is a wonderful city in the US with two wonderful managers: Ryan and Leanna.
- November 2011
- KNP Labs offers Behat and Symfony trainings in Japan.
- January 2012
- KNP Labs opens an office in Kiev, Ukraine. Because there are a lot of start-up stuff going on in Ukraine right now.
- February 2012
- KNP Labs offers training, consulting and development in Poland.
Your contacts at KNP Labs
Matthieu Bontemps − Founder & Symfony2 developer
Matthieu is the company founder. He thinks, discovers, improves and motivates.
Eager for fun startup projects, a fan of quality, he selects the best projects and recruits the best developers to insure development will be done in great conditions — for the client and the team's satisfaction.
He also develops for a lot of Symfony2 OpenSource or internal projects.
He has a Masters in Engineering from INSA School of Lyon, a Masters in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Birmingham, and is a former partner and lead-developer at Jiwa.
Ryan Weaver − Head of KNP Labs US, Partner & Symfony2 Consultant
Ryan, American consultant and trainer extraordinaire.
And a CEO who rocks.
He loves quality, good practices, and writes unit test cases so he can sleep better at night.
Ryan is a Symfony core member, in charge of the framework documentation.
Leanna Pelham − KNP Labs US Partner & Project Manager
Leanna is that project manager who always finds solutions with spectacular optimism.
Technical project manager, Leanna is our American partner and efficiently manages KNP Labs teams and clients on US projects.
She also organizes Symfony2 and Behat training sessions and talks throughout the US.
Laetitia Wagner − Founder & Partner
Laetitia is the ideal pragmatic partner:
she channels, selects and implements KNP Labs's numerous ideas.
She has an MBA from ISC Paris School of Management, and was first an auditor and consultant, then project manager, she was the one to convince KNP Labs to use agile methodologies — which has been a great success.