Our Top 5 Big Predictions for BarCamp Nashville 2012
Oct 17, 2012
Oct 18, 2012 − We are thrilled about this year's BarCamp Nashville. So much so, that we spent the last 7 days on an isolated tropical island avoiding the sun, ocean and free drinks (ok that last part is a lie) to determine our 5 big predictions for this year's BarCamp.
We are thrilled about this year's BarCamp Nashville. So much so, that we spent the last 7 days on an isolated tropical island avoiding the sun, ocean and free drinks (ok that last part is a lie) to determine our 5 big predictions for this year's BarCamp.
And without further ado they are:
(1) Jacques shows up so well dressed that the attendees demand he give an impromptu talk on Men's Fashion.
(2) The man, the myth, the legend. After bcn12 Nick becomes so populr that he is forced to buy a private island to get away from the madness. Fortunately, soon after, he decides to hold bcn13 there...all expenses paid!
(3) Jeremy Holland cracks open his 3rd beer, is struck by a moment of genius, and spends the remainder of his talk mathematically deriving a simple algorithm for calculating prime numbers (thereby nullifying all modern security), all whilst keeping his audience in a gentle balance between scientific curiosity and profound delight.
(4) Prince reunites at the after party with Dez Dickerson where they perform a 3 hour, 11 minute version of Purple Rain. Afterwards, #bcn12 will be widely considered the most important musical event of the century.
One more top 5 list for talks? Ok sure...
- Becoming a Real Programmer - Jacques Woodcock
- Product Development 401: Lessons Learned from Building http://populr.me - Nicholas Holland
- A Crash Course in Crypto - Jeremy Holland
- "How in the Hell Did I Just Do That?!" - User Experience Design Lessons from the Airport - Justin Davis
- Intro to Responsive Design - Sue Anne Reed
We can't wait to talk geek, drink and be merry with you this Saturday!
See what other amazing talks are happening: barcampnashville.org